Saturday, May 30, 2009

Briar as Sandman's Death


This is a custom Briar I am working on. Isnt she haunting like this?:D She needs black eyes which I will make to replace the blue glass ones and her angora wig needs to be dyed black too. Ill need to make a simple black dress for her ,but the thing is she needs some black biker like boots. Im not sure how to make them and the one for sale that would fit her are $40!
She's base coated with Mr super clear and Im using model paints to paint her face. These paints donot blend! However I hate that pastels wear off so easily if touched!
I havent read Neil Gaiman's Sandman series,but I have read neverwhere and stardust. I hope Ive captured the way she is suposed to look. I searched for images online of her and each one seemed diffenrt!

5 comments:

  1. I love her Nita! She is haunting and beautiful. I think she is one of my fav of your Briars!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita, I think she does capture the way she should look - particularly with the changes you are going to make. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful, you should definitely check out the series. It's one of my favorite things he's done. I'm passing the "One Lovely Blog" award on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your art dolls...i've recently learned a really cool way to make our own shoes and boots from polymer clay and pleather (fake cloth leather)for dolls and would be glad to share the knowledge...after reading about your fourty dollar boot delemia...been through that too until i learned making tiny shoes..email me and i'll send you the details...hugs...christen

    ReplyDelete