Thursday, June 24, 2010
This girl turned out really lovely ,but is so hard to get good photos of! She turned out very graceful and sweet ,but light in mood this time not so dark as my other pieces. I had fun draping her dress to look floaty and like you see in classical paintings.
I also discovered it's not so easy to attach a clay figure to a glass base! To solve the problem ,I filled the candle hole with clear resin and drilled that so the wire of of the doll armature fit down inside. Then, I also had to permanently glue the figure with epoxy to keep her from leaning. The candle hole wasn't quite a deep enough hole. Anyway I fixed it!^-^ but, OOAK doll making a problem solvers dream!
Posted by Nita at 11:21 AM