Sunday, February 1, 2009

A new turn ...shrine's and triptych's


Hey there, I just ordered some wood for future projects stuff that those of you who know me well will get that Ive wanted to make a loooong time... cause Im inspired by santos and reliques , creche figures and the like.




I drew my own simple shrine shape and sent it to an online store to have lazer cut into a flat pattern, then I will sculpt, paint and decorate it to contain my figures. They cost about 2.50 each and so far thats the cheapest way I can think of to get such a thing made. Later I can get coffin shapes , peaked house shapes and make shallow shadow boxes. I can line the boxes with fabric or photos even paint with genesis oils. I think it will be neat looking and appeal to more than just the usual doll collectors.Here is a similar sculpted victorian frame I made ,but this one is only 4 " square so not big enough for what Id like to do. I used an old wooden coaster. I feel most satisfied somehow applying my clay to wood.



This is the type of triptych I want reminicent of Mark Ryden's Blood cd case http://www.amazon.com/MARK-RYDEN-MUSICAL-RIDGEWAY-WEXSTUN/dp/B000PIDE6O



4 comments:

  1. Nita, I'm excited to see what you do with these frames - the Victorian one you created is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing you, this is gonna be awesome sweetie.
    Can't wait to see it.

    Hugs,
    Es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I had my dad, who lives in Mexico, send me some metal shrines with functioning doors on them. I'm looking forward to working on them. I can't wait to see what you create!!

    Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm excited to see your take on shrines and relics! I've been really fascinated with them, too, recently.

    ReplyDelete